Engineered Horizontal Lifeline Personal Fall Protection Systems
Falls are one of the leading causes of traumatic workplace injury in the US. One in five worker deaths last year were in construction. The leading cause of private sector worker deaths (excluding highway collisions) in the construction industry were falls (381 out of 971 total deaths in construction in CY 2017 (39.2% caused by falls). Of the top 10 most frequently cited OSHA standards violated in 2018, #1 was Fall protection, construction (29 CFR 1926.501) while Fall Protection–Training Requirements (29 CFR 1926.503) was #8.
Fall protection is much more than beams, anchors and bolts. It is a complete system that has been engineered and designed for a specific application. EFP offers fully compliant, custom tailored engineered personal fall arrest systems and fall protection products. These practical turnkey solutions are designed for different structures, and in all types of industries. Engineered Fall Protection is a certified Guardian horizontal lifeline and DBI-SALA horizontal lifeline Installer and has in house professional engineers that can analyze your structure and help certify your system. Every permanently installed system is designed for ease of use while offering the highest level of fall protection and meeting OSHA horizontal lifeline requirements.
Horizontal lifeline fall protection systems (HLL systems) provide continuous protection to the person working near a fall hazard and is usually a cable that is installed parallel to a fall hazard. The engineered lifeline is utilized in fall arrest or fall restraint systems. Properly connecting to a horizontal safety line system with a lanyard and harness enables the user to travel parallel to the fall hazard. The lifeline is usually attached to the structure at set intervals and can often change direction to follow the profile of the roof edge or other fall hazards. Horizontal lifelines can be attached at all levels with floor-level, wall mount or overhead mounting options and can accommodate corners and different building shapes.
Anchor and Lifeline Cable System
Horizontal lifeline systems are engineered and designed to be used as a fall restraint or fall arrest systems with cables attached to anchor points.
Airport Jetway Roofsafe Anchor and Cable System
DBI SALA Roofsafe Lo-Profile Rail (part of the 3M horizontal lifeline product line) provides maximum fall protection with a unique, permanent system for telescoping jet bridges. This system permanently attaches and allows the jet bridge to expand and collapse with no need to remove.
- Simple and Easy to Install: Pre-drilled holes strategically located along the rail provide fast layout and installation — system also includes weather sealing for peace of mind.
- Low Profile Rail Design: Rail will pass under jet bridge structure when it is expanded and collapsed, so there is no need to remove or retention the system.
- i-SAFE 3.1 Equipped
- High Capacity Shock Absorbing Lanyard Force2: Ideal for tying off at your feet, twin-leg design provides continuous protection and mobility when moving from one jet bridge section to another.
- Multi-Purpose / Person Design: Versatile system can be used by one person per jet bridge section for fall arrest, or three people per section for fall restraint — 310 lb. per person capacity.
- High Performance Rail Shuttle: Smooth operation with ultra efficient movement along the rail provides hands-free protection.
DBI SALA and Guardian Horizontal Lifeline System Roof Top Anchor
Roof top anchors are an essential part of any system. EFP offers a selection of high-quality roof top anchors which are compatible with various fall arrest connecting systems. No matter the slope or material of your roof, we have a solution for all environments and unique situations.
UniRail Horizontal Lifeline System
The UniRail system consists of a high grade, extruded aluminum rail and is suited to fit a variety of structures while supporting multiple workers. The system has also been used extensively for suspended access work by rope access technicians. The system includes a free-flowing carriage which is capable of navigating corners and contours in a building or structure to provide complete flexibility for the end user.
- “Floating” rail design allows for expansion and contraction to accommodate temperature variations and prevent buckling.
- System can span up to 10 ft. (3m).
- Ideal system for rope access work.
Railcar Lifeline System
Fall protection is essential for any workers needing to access the top of railcars. Our trained and certified installers will help design the best solution to ensure worker safety.
Rooftop Rail Lifeline System
Roof systems are designed to provide secure attachments on the roof of a building, where there is significant area over which workers can range. Stationary anchors can give workers a place to connect or rail systems allow workers to move about the roof while remaining safe. EFP provides a range of roof safety fall protection systems providing our customers a choice of highly engineered solutions for the end user while working at heights.
Engineered Horizontal Lifeline RoofSafe Rail System
As the only direct-to-roof rail system, the RoofSafe Rail System provides the safety and functionality you should expect.
RoofSafe Rail System is a high quality, aluminum rail safety system that offers exceptional functionality due to the innovative, hands free traveler. RoofSafe Rail is capable of navigating corners and changes of direction to provide complete design flexibility.
- Lightweight, modular rail safety system for use on metal and concrete.
- Low profile, discrete design provides a discreet safety solution with aesthetic appeal.
- System provides an innovative, four-wheel traveler to provide ease of use and operation along the rail.
The RoofSafe Anchor and Cable System, a DBI-Sala Lifeline System, is a horizontal lifeline system that allows continuous uninterrupted access to all areas of a roof and is designed for all types of roofing materials and structures. It can span up to 40 ft. (12m) between anchors and provides continuous hands-free versatility for users of the fall protection system.
- Modular product design accommodates a variety of roof types.
- The SpiraTech Force Management anchor provides a low distributed load back to the structure.
- Improved, cost effective membrane and concrete toggle fixing system enhances thermal efficiency and reduces installation time.
Custom Horizontal Lifeline System
All of EFP’s custom engineered, permanently installed systems offer the highest level of fall protection and are designed for ease of use in a variety of situations.
Custom Engineered Horizontal Lifeline Documents
Engineered Fall Protection (EFP) supplies horizontal fall arrest systems; serving clients from coast to coast, Canada, Mexico and especially focused in the states of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, Oklahoma, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida.