Temporary Horizontal Lifeline Systems - SecuraSpan, EZ Line, & Sayfline
Horizontal lifelines (HLLs) serve as the anchorage device in many fall restraint and fall arrest systems. An HLL is a line that is stretched between two extremes of travel in a workplace to provide a continuous anchor for the attachment of fall restraint/arrest equipment. HLLs offer a greater range of worker movement at an economical price
As the name infers, temporary fall protection systems are a form of horizontal lifeline fall protection which can be easily installed and removed for use on temporary jobs and are perfect for areas where permanent fall arrest systems may be in the way or where service and maintenance activities are infrequent. We can help to determine an appropriate temporary fall protection system to keep your employees safe and your facility in compliance with all OSHA fall protection regulations.
Temporary Fall Protection System Applications include:
- Structural Steel Erection
- Roofing / Roof Top Maintenance (temporary roof fall protection systems and temporary roof anchor system)
- Pipe Racks
- Aircraft Hangars
DBI-SALA EZ Line HLL System
DBI-SALA horizontal lifeline systems and fall protection solutions enable workers to do their best work safely and comfortably.
The DBI-SALA EZ Line is a lightweight, easy-to-use lifeline system with a two-worker capacity that you can install, remove and store quickly.
- Built-in winch.
- Customizable in any length up to 60 ft.
- Built-in pre-tension and impact indicators.
Sayfline Horizontal Systems are customizable and designed for ready-made user installation.
3M's DBI-SALA Sayfline Cable Horizontal Lifeline (HLL) Systems are highly portable and can be used for situations where welding, sparks or harsh environments are present, or where minimum clearance exists.
- Cable lifeline assembly includes wedge grip termination, tensioner and Zorbit Shock Absorber.
- Durable all-metal system can be left in place for long periods.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Use with any 5,000 lb. anchorage device.
- 2 worker capacity.
Various lengths available:
Sayfline Synthetic Horizontal Lifeline Systems are lightweight, easy-to-install and portable that can be used for maintenance, bridge work, construction and general industry applications.
Features of this system:
- Installs without special tools or equipment.
- Easy to relocate to next location or site.
- Kernmantle rope lifeline with tensioner and shock absorber.
- Capacity of two workers.
Various lengths available:
3M | DBI-SALA SecuraSpan Horizontal Lifeline Systems
SecuraSpan systems integrates a modular, multi-base design and are ideal for a wide range of steel and concrete beam applications.
- Interchangeable stanchions—great for either steel or concrete applications.
- Lightweight and portable for quick and easy setup and use.
- Single and multi-span options available.
- Pass-through bracket provides 100% tie-off capability.
- Integrated 3M | DBI-SALA Zorbit Energy Absorber limits forces on structure.
Steel I-Beam Applications
- Single clamp and wing nut design.
- Adjustments made from top of beam.
- Fits flanges 6 in.-12 in. wide, 2-1/4 in. thick.
- Optional bases for 18 in., 24 in. and 36 in. widths.
Concrete rebar & shear stud applications
- Simply attach with torque wrench.
- Simple chain tie-back connection.
- Fits 1/2 in.-1 in. diameter (#4-#8 rebar) and 4 in.-12 in. center to center.
3M | Protecta Horizontal Lifeline
If you are looking for a reliable fall protection solution that complies with safety regulations, the Protecta 3m horizontal lifeline has become a go-to for safety managers. Protecta fall protection solutions are a top choice for fall protection that's both practical and reliable.
The Protecta PRO-Line Temporary Horizontal Lifeline (HLL) System is lightweight, portable and easy to install and disassemble. They install in seconds, without special tools or equipment, maintaining optimum worker productivity. Simply attach the lifeline and tie-off adaptors to a suitable structure and tension the lifeline with the integrated ratchet.
Complete 60 ft. (18.3 m) system includes tensioner, energy absorber, anchors and carrying bag which is ideal for transporting around the jobsite and protects from contaminants such as dirt, moisture, and UV degradation.
- Complete kit includes two tie-off adapters for simple anchorage to structure.
- Built-in shock absorber reduces anchorage loadings to help preserve the structure
- Fall-arrest rated for two users, providing jobsite flexibility.
- 60 ft. (18 m) web lifeline is lightweight, compact, portable and versatile.
Guardian Horizontal Lifelines
The Big Boss HLL Kit is a temporary, reusable lifeline system that can allow up to four workers in fall arrest applications to easily move around the jobsite. It spans a maximum of 82' and includes a rope bag for easy transportation and storage.
Polyester and Kernmantle HLLs are easy to install temporary systems that span between fixed anchorage points and provide a safe horizontal anchorage for multiple users to move freely around a workspace. These devices are simple to install, easily assembled by one person, and can support a maximum of two workers in fall arrest applications.
Temporary Horizontal Lifeline System
Engineered Fall Protection (EFP) supplies temporary horizontal fall arrest systems; serving clients from coast to coast, Canada, Mexico and especially focused in the states of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, Oklahoma, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida.